September 3, 2021 Update: COVID-19 Response
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Entering Phase 2 Of Reopening HarrogateWe are pleased and excited to announce we are entering phase 2 of re-opening our community. As you will recall, during phase 1 we were able to re-open the following:
- Our Salon Services
- Resume group activity programs
- Allow outdoor visitation
- Resume housekeeping service
- Conduct limited marketing tours
- Open our library
- Expand community transportation services
- Scheduled outdoor visitations are still allowed.
- Scheduled indoor visitation in resident apartments will begin effective Monday, September 21, 2020.
- Visitation is limited to 2 people per apartment.
- Initially, this will be limited to 5 apartments per day.
- Upon arrival, all visitors must complete Harrogate’s screening process.
- Visitors will then be asked to drive around to exit door closest to resident’s apartment
- You and your guests must visit in your apartment only.
- The common areas are only open to Harrogate residents.
- Masks are always required to be worn by both residents and visitors, including inside the apartments.
- Visitors are expected to abide by New Jersey’s Travel Advisory List.
- Click here to make indoor visitation reservations or call Community Life Services.
State Travel Advisory & Visitation PoliciesIn order to keep our residents and team safe and healthy from the COVID-19 pandemic, we are abiding by our governor’s request that anyone who visits the following states should quarantine for 14 days while showing no symptoms before visiting their friends and loved ones at Harrogate. This not only allows us to help save lives and prevent the spread of COVID-19, but also helps to provide peace of mind to the families of our residents. As the list is continuously updating, please reference the link below. State Travel Advisory List We remain excited to have friends and families visit, and we thank you for your cooperation in keeping all within our community – and yours – safe. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you any way we can. Charles Benjamin, Executive Director
Harrogate Independent Living Visitation Guidelines
Harrogate is pleased to announce our community is permitted to open to outside visitors. The community will start scheduled visits on Tuesday, June 30.
Visitation Times Are Available as follows:Independent Living
- Visitation can be scheduled 7 days per week at 10 am, 11 am, 3 pm, 4 pm and 7 pm daily
Each appointment time will be limited to a 30-minute session, with a maximum of 2 visitors per resident at a time. We recommend only signing up for one visitation slot over the next 2 weeks as we continue to monitor and evaluate this process on an ongoing basis. We want to give everyone the opportunity for a visit, along with evaluating the needs moving forward. You will need to go on to one of the following websites to register:
We have been mandated by the state to conduct these visits outside ONLY. If in the event it is inclement weather that day, unfortunately, your appointment will need to be cancelled and rescheduled. We encourage you to arrive 15 minutes prior to your visit, as there is a screening process.
- If you are suspected or confirmed to be infected currently with Covid -19 or you are in quarantine for a recent exposure to Covid-19 then you are NOT eligible for an outdoor visit.
- If you have had or been exposed to Covid 19 but you have already been in quarantine for 10 days, have improved respiratory symptoms and have been without fever for 72 hours then you will be eligible for outdoor visits as defined in guidance from NJ DOH and CDC.
- A 6 foot social distance must be maintained at all times.
- Both residents and visitors must wear a mask at all times. Visitors must provide their own masks.
- Food is not permitted during the visits. Visitors may bring items for the resident, however these packages must be left with the “check in” area.
- Visitors must bring their own water and it may not be shared with the resident. The facility can not provide such.
- Bathrooms are not available for visitors.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
These standards and protocols for visitors have been mandated by Governor Murphy’s Executive Directive NO. 20-017.
Thank you for your cooperation with this effort. We here at Harrogate hope to make this an enjoyable and safe reunion for all our residents and families.
Phase One Of Re-Opening HarrogateMany state and county governments are releasing plans to reopen the economy to essential businesses. While this is an encouraging sign, please know this process will be thoughtfully considered at Harrogate. We will implement a multi-phased approach when reopening our community. As we serve vulnerable adults throughout our community, Harrogate’s reopening phases may differ than the state’s or county’s phased approach. We will base decisions for each phase on state and regional criteria, advice from public health officials, and the health status of our community. We will evaluate how we shift our protocols after we know our community is no longer at risk, and with careful consideration of the guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and local and state health departments. We are all looking forward to the day when we can resume our lives as a community and gather with our friends, yet the health and safety of residents and employees must remain our highest priority. From the beginning, we have taken on this challenge as a marathon rather than a sprint. There are no short cuts or easy answers to how we reduce our risk to COVID-19 and it’s as important as ever that we continue to remain focused on protecting ourselves and supporting each other. We want to keep you informed regarding what services will re-open and our policies on visitors to the community. Many of you may have seen social media posts by the Governor this morning announcing outdoor visiting for facilities beginning this Sunday, June 21st. The Department of Health is finalizing the detailed guidance which will include the steps that must be followed by residents, staff, families/friends and facilities. As soon as we have the guidance, we will distribute it. As of Monday June 22, 2020, Harrogate service updates are as follows;
- The Hair Salon will open with appropriate precautions, face mask required, one client at a time, and extensive cleaning of salon and instruments in between clients. Appointments can be made by calling the beauty parlor at 6287.
- Small group programs will begin for groups of 10 or less, such as movies, exercise classes, and bingo. Necessary precautions will be required, reservations for the program, masks to be worn, social distance maintained during the program, cleaning of area and any equipment used. Please call activities, Sue and Sharon, at 6314 to make your reservation.
Opening Up Our CommunityFederal and state governments are releasing plans to reopen the economy to essential business. While this is an encouraging sign to our country’s response to COVID-19, please know this process will be taken thoughtfully at Harrogate. We will implement a three-phased approach when reopening our community. Decisions for each phase will be based on state and regional criteria, advice from public health officials, and the health status of our community. We are all looking forward to the day when we can resume our lives as a community and gather with our friends, yet the health and safety of our residents and employees must remain our highest priority. From the beginning, we have taken on this challenge as a marathon rather than a sprint. There are no short cuts or easy answers to how we reduce our risk to COVID-19 and it’s as important as ever that we continue to remain focused on protecting ourselves and supporting each other. In the upcoming weeks, and until further notice, Harrogate will continue to follow the heightened precautionary measures currently in place. These practices include following social distancing protocol and restricting non-essential visitors. We understand the risks posed to our community from COVID-19 and remain committed to our processes. We’ll only begin to shift our protocols after we know our community is no longer at risk, and with careful consideration of the guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and local and state health departments. As the situation develops, and we make changes to our protocols, residents, employees and families will be notified first —but to reiterate, we will not be modifying our precautionary measures at this time. Please remember to practice safe social distancing and wear a cloth face covering at all times when in public. Thank you for your patience, your support, and for embodying that hopeful spirit that Harrogate is known for as we continue to navigate this process together. For more information about COVID-19 and our response to COVID-19, go to https://www.lcsnet.com/covid-19-update/.
- Stay in your apartment as much as possible.
- If you must go out, wear your face mask.
- Stay 6 feet away from people.
- Always wash your hands.
- Educating all staff and residents in social distancing guidelines
- Increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning and disinfecting common community areas
- Implementing temporary visitation restrictions, including deliveries
- Cancellation of on-site large group social events and recreational activities
- Reviewing and executing our emergency preparedness and response program
- Asking residents and employees to reschedule any travel plans and deploying an updated visitor advisory for communities and to remain in our community or within our campus
- Coordinating best practices across the large Life Care Services partner network
- Making the CDC’s COVID-19 prevention resources and recommendations available to all employees
- Continuing to follow the guidance from both the CDC and local health authorities
- Increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning and sanitizing common community areas
- Encouraging a temporary reduction in visitation and deliveries
- Reducing on-site group social events and recreational activities
- Reviewing our emergency preparedness and response program
- Asking residents to communicate any travel plans
- Coordinating best practices and across our large partner network
- Making the CDC’s COVID-19 prevention resources and recommendations available to all residents
- Avoiding crowds and large social gatherings
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting personal spaces
- Avoiding touching your face
- Regularly washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Stay in your residence if you are showing flu-like symptoms or are sick with respiratory illness, including fever, and coughing
- Consistent updates and communication to those who live and work at the community.
- Evidence-based precautions that align with guidelines provided by the CDC.
- Reviewing emergency preparedness and response measures in the event that a virus impacts our community or the surrounding area.
- Changes to our travel and visitation guidelines for all employees, partners and guests.
So Much To Learn. Come Join Us.
The best way to get to know us is to join us for an event. From social gatherings to educational courses to informative resident panel events, there’s always something new to discover about life at Harrogate.