Related Frequently Asked Questions
It is Harrogate’s policy to inform residents, their representatives, families of the residents, and staff by 5:00pm the next calendar day following the subsequent occurrence of either: each time a single confirmed infection of Covid-19 is identified, or whenever three or more residents or staff with new-onset of respiratory symptoms occur within 72 hours of each other. Harrogate has created a group email to give weekly updates on the happenings within the community. If you would like to sign up for the email notifications please email our Director of Nursing, Lisa Brosnan, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any urgent questions or would like to know more about what Harrogate’s operating status please email our Administrator, Connor Marshall, at email@example.com. Click here to read a letter from our executive director – September 30, 2020 Click here to read a letter from our executive director – September 11, 2020 Click here to read a letter from our executive director – September 4, 2020 Click here to read a letter from our executive director – August 24, 2020 Click here to see Harrogate’s Outbreak Response Plan
At Harrogate, the health and well-being of residents and team members is our highest priority at all times. We continue to take proper prevention and preparedness steps related to COVID-19. What is Harrogate doing to prepare for any incidence of COVID-19? We know that this disease most dramatically impacts older adults – the people we serve. We will continue to follow infection control guidance from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) as well as our local and state health agencies. Earlier this year, we successfully completed a safe and efficient distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine to residents and employees in partnership with local and state health agencies. As new information develops, we will continue coordinating with our pharmacy partners and local and state health authorities to provide additional information or updates directly to residents and employees. Harrogate will work with residents and employees who qualify and want to receive a COVID-19 booster shot as recommended by the CDC. Recently, Harrogate announced a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 1, 2021, in accordance with the policy of management company Life Care Services, An LCS Company. Protecting the health and safety of our residents and employees remains our top priority, and we are requiring employee COVID-19 vaccinations to ensure we stay true to that focus. As new highly transmissible COVID-19 variants persist, we believe the COVID-19 vaccination is essential to protecting our residents and employees. We continue to be steadfast in taking every precaution to protect the community from the spread of COVID-19. Employees continue to wear masks and undergo screenings at the start of each shift. LCS’s newest signature experience, EverSafe 360°, also demonstrates our passionate commitment to providing an industry-leading experience focused on enhancing the well-being, security, and safety of residents and employees. COVID-19 Actions:
- With EverSafe 360° – the new standard of senior safety – we are raising the bar to reimagine and innovate the way we live and work together, taking proactive measures to elevate the standard of safety for seniors.
- We have established a Medical Advisory Board, which consists of a team of interdisciplinary experts, including physicians and scientists who specialize in epidemiology, mental health, infectious disease and indoor air quality.
- We are connecting with our local and state health agencies on a regular basis.
- Those who do enter, including all team members, are screened to inquire whether they have any symptoms or potential known exposures. They are not allowed to enter if they answer yes to any of these questions.
- We continue our focus on infection control and prevention, following the guidelines from the CDC.
- We continue to actively monitor and report respiratory illnesses across our organization.
- We are regularly sharing updated information on COVID-19 with our residents and others in the communities that we serve.
- We have an emergency operations plan in place should we need to implement it.
So Much To Learn. Come Join Us.
The best way to get to know us is to join us for an event. From social gatherings to educational courses to informative resident panel events, there’s always something new to discover about life at Harrogate.