Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
After careful consideration for the health and safety of our residents, staff and family members, we have made the difficult, and necessary, decision to amend our community visitation policy to restrict visitors from entering our community as of Monday, March 16.
Please reference the Life Care Services website for future updates and information regarding our community COVID-19 response and preparedness measures already implemented, such as:
- Educating all staff and residents in social distancing guidelines
- Increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning and disinfecting common community areas
- Implementing temporary visitation restrictions, including deliveries
- Cancellation of on-site large group social events and recreational activities
- Reviewing and executing our emergency preparedness and response program
- Asking residents and employees to reschedule any travel plans and deploying an updated visitor advisory for communities and to remain in our community or within our campus
- Coordinating best practices across the large Life Care Services partner network
- Making the CDC’s COVID-19 prevention resources and recommendations available to all employees
Our management company, Life Care Services, prides itself on being customer centered and proactive, which contributed to Life Care Services being ranked highest in customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power 2019 U.S. Senior Living Study.
All future updates regarding the COVID-19 response including visitor policies, social distancing guidelines and prevention recommendations can be found here. Life Care Services has also opened a National Hotline for information: 1-855-998-4934. For local information about our community please use: 732-905-7070.
Hello Harrogate community,
The health and safety of residents living in our community is our top priority, and we are closely monitoring the ongoing situation regarding the coronavirus (COVD-19). We understand that COVID-19 is on everyone’s mind, and we want to be communicative and transparent in the steps Harrogate is taking to prepare our community during this unprecedented event. Our team has been working tirelessly to prepare for possible scenarios related to COVID-19. We’ve developed a series of precautionary steps that our community is implementing to help reduce everyone’s risk of COVID-19. Additionally, you can access updates at the following website.
Our community is:
- Continuing to follow the guidance from both the CDC and local health authorities
- Increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning and sanitizing common community areas
- Encouraging a temporary reduction in visitation and deliveries
- Reducing on-site group social events and recreational activities
- Reviewing our emergency preparedness and response program
- Asking residents to communicate any travel plans
- Coordinating best practices and across our large partner network
- Making the CDC’s COVID-19 prevention resources and recommendations available to all residents
According to the CDC, many of our residents are at a higher risk for serious illness, and we’re providing all residents and their families with the most up-to-date guidance from the CDC and local health officials on the steps they can take to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
We are strongly encouraging all our residents to follow the CDC’s guidelines for individuals at higher risk, which includes:
- Avoiding crowds and large social gatherings
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting personal spaces
- Avoiding touching your face
- Regularly washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Stay in your residence if you are showing flu-like symptoms or are sick with respiratory illness, including fever, and coughing
These are simple yet important steps that we should all be taking to protect ourselves and our community.
Our teams are staying in communication with local health officials and will share regular updates on COVID-19. For more the most up to date information and personal health recommendations, please visit the websites below:
Updates from LCS: https://www.lcsnet.com/covid-19-update/
COVID-19 Prevention Recommendations: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
COVID-19 Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
What To Do If You Think You Are Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/sick-with-2019-nCoV-fact-sheet.pdf
The health, safety and well-being of our residents, employees and families is always a priority at our community. With the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the news and in the minds of many, we want to address actions, which are taking place related to this concern.
Some of the actions we are addressing include:
⦁ Consistent updates and communication to those who live and work at the community.
⦁ Evidence-based precautions that align with guidelines provided by the CDC.
⦁ Reviewing emergency preparedness and response measures in the event that a virus impacts our community or the surrounding area.
⦁ Changes to our travel and visitation guidelines for all employees, partners and guests.
We are closely monitoring local, state and federal health agencies to ensure we can respond quickly and effectively to protect our community and mitigate risks of an outbreak.
We will continue to remain vigilant in our efforts to preserve the health and safety of our community.
If you have questions, concerns or need more information, please contact 732-905-7070.
Centers for Disease Control
World Health Organization
NJ Department of Health