What is skilled nursing?
Related Frequently Asked Questions
What is Harrogate’s approach to memory care?
Each member of our memory care team is trained in the innovative and proven Heartfelt CONNECTIONS – A Memory Care Program®, a comprehensive program based on the latest in memory care research and best practices. Heartfelt CONNECTIONS is an individualized program that starts with getting to know each resident’s life story, focusing on each resident’s capabilities. Then we develop a personalized plan that concentrates on each resident’s unique abilities and celebrates each small success. Heartfelt CONNECTIONS promotes dignity and a sense of accomplishment in day-to-day activities, supports improved self-worth, self-esteem, and overall health and well-being; and reduces fear, anxiety, and frustration. It’s an approach guided by these principles:
- We view aging as a natural process — life stories to be continued.
- We believe what remains is far more important than what is lost.
- We focus on each resident’s unique remaining abilities.
- We embrace and celebrate everything our residents do.
- We create success stories, one small victory at a time.